In this modern world it is very easy to access any information in just a few seconds over the internet. Accessibility of the information is not a big issue nowadays. On famous applications such as Instagram, now it is more convenient way of finding the information, accounts, profiles, specific hashtag and location. Instagram makes the search very easy and fast. In the search bar of the instagram you do type the username of the account, keyword or hashtag, and in result you get multiple results in the form of the list. As like the google.com search bar the Instagram save the search results so how the searcher can easily access the searched result again quickly. Instagram keep track of all activities such as accounts and pages you have visited, and frequently visited.
Why you need to clean your Instagram History
The main reason behind the cleaning of Instagram history is privacy. Everyone wants to keep their privacy they don’t want to show anyone about their activity on Instagram. Sometimes your searches expose to others that you don’t want to show and sometimes you don’t want to see the pages those you have visited frequently then in this situation you can delete your Instagram search so how you can save yourself from any embarrassment.
Quick and Easy Steps for Clean/Delete your Instagram Search History
For deleting the Instagram search history you don’t require any comprehensive knowledge, you can do it just a few steps. Easy and quick steps are mentioned below.
- Download and Install the Instagram application on your smartphone.
- Login to your account with the username and password.
- Click on the profile button (located on the left corner).
- The new screen will open there you will see many options.
- You have to select the privacy button, the dropdown menu will open
- In the dropdown menu you have to choose the security option.
- In the security menu, in the last of the menu clear search history is located, click on that.
What You Need to Do in case of Search History Does not Remove
Sometimes the clear search history option does not work due to several issues but you don’t need to worry, we guide you how you can fix it.
Restart your Mobile:
Restart or Reboot your smartphone then login to Instagram again, and then attempt once again for cleaning the search history.
Logout and Re-Login to Instagram:
Logout from the Instagram and then Login again, this is how you are refreshing your account activity.
- Click on the profile icon
- Click on the settings button, the icon seems like a gear
- Scroll down and go for the last option
- Click on the logout, you will exit from your account.
- After waiting a few seconds login back to your account and try to clear the search history once again.
Remove the Phone Cache:
- Go to the settings of your phone
- Go to the Apps option
- Find the Instagram App and open it.
- Click on the Storage option and you will see the option of clear cache, click on that your cache will remove.
Re-Install the Instagram Application:
- Delete or Uninstall the Instagram application.
- Go the playstore (for Android) or App Store (for IOS) and search for Instagram.
- Click on the Install, login once again and try again for the clear search history.
Delete the Search Result Manually:
Whenever you are going to search anything you will see the past search results and beside after result the “x” you will find, click on this option the result will delete.
Hide/Remove the Specific Instagram Accounts
Unfollow the Account:
For unfollow the account follow the given steps.
- Open the profile of the person to whom you want to hide
- You will see the tick button with the message button
- Click on the tick button and then click the unfollow button
Block the Account:
For Block the account follow the given steps.
- Open the profile of the person
- On the top right corner you will see the three dots, click on it
- The block option will arrive, click on that
- For confirmation you have to click on the yes, I’m sure
Mute the Account:
For Mute the account follow the given steps.
- Open the profile that you want to mute.
- Click on the three dots located on the right top corner.
- Click on the mute option.
- In mute option three more option you will see i.e. Mute Post, Mute Story, and Mute Post and Story.
Block the Instagram Story for the Specific Users
Hide for the Specific User:
If you want to hide your story from the specific person then follow the steps given below.
- Go the profile of the user
- Click the three dots located on the top right corner
- Then click on the hide my story.
- The selected user won’t be able to see your story anymore.
Hide for Multiple Users:
You can set the privacy of Instagram story on the multiple users by just follow the following steps
- Click on the profile button.
- Scroll down and choose the option of privacy.
- The screen will open there you will see the option of the story.
- Click on the Story option, there you can hide your story from the multiple users.
It’s totally up to you how you can manage and maintain your Instagram Story. Whenever you are afraid of somebody is monitoring your Instagram search history then you can delete it by following the simple steps. Sometimes even rarely the clear search history option is not working in this case you can fix, the method of fixing we have mentioned above. At last we suggest you always keep an eye on your security and privacy because in this modern world the privacy and security is everything, you need to protect yourself from unauthorized access and keep monitor who can see your privacy or who cannot see.